ABOUT THE CREATIVES RELIEF FUND IN GEORGIA
The U.S. Congress is working on passing a stimulus bill that provides help to corporations, state/local governments, hospitals and some small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. This stimulus bill is very much needed and appreciated. However, we know there are millions of independent creatives who will be left out of this bailout including right here in Georgia.
As a 501(c)3, non-profit, charitable organization, Urban Mediamakers will support working creatives in Georgia by providing unrestricted cash grants through the Creatives Relief Fund to support creatives and independents with:
These unrestricted cash grants are intended to support working artists with:
- Rent/mortgage payments
- Pet supplies
- Other living expenses.
- Lost wages and earnings;
- Medical expenses;
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and selected weekly. Grants range from $50-$2,500 based on creatives’ needs. APPLY TODAY!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The Creatives Relief Fund is open to individual creatives of all disciplines residing in Georgia.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• 18 years of age or older;
• Georgia residents at the time of application and payment;
• Individual creatives of any discipline (actors, artists, filmmakers, writers, barbers, stylists, directors, editors, makeup artists, graphics, etc.).
APPLICANTS MUST NOT BE:
• Graduate or undergraduate matriculated students enrolled in any degree program;
• Applying on behalf of a company, nonprofit, organization, community group, ensembles or collective;
Contact Renee Moses with questions about this grant program by email with subject ‘Creatives Relief Fund’.
HELP US WITH A DONATE TODAY
Through donations, we are building a coalition of people, organizations and corporations who will join in supporting creatives in Georgia now. To join in support of creatives’ urgent needs, make a donation today. All donations are tax-deductible.