Here is an interview with writer Khari Wyatt before the election for his audio play, SPEAKEASY, produced by Antaeus Theatre Company as part of their Zip Code Plays series. Wyatt is a member of the Urban Mediamakers.
Sharon D. Johnson returns to UMFF Oct. 19, 2020. She taught “Writing for Reel,” an original two-day intensive screenwriting workshop in 2002 & 2003. Sharon is back with a virtual reboot of UMFF Writing for Reel Workshop.
Learning outcome: Attendees will have the tools to develop a 3-page outline for a feature film script. Register now for this live, interactive session as part of the 19th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival 2020. Registration only $19 – reserve your spot today – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/122498031911
Get a sneak-peak of the official selections of the 18th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival, October 10-16, 2019 throughout Gwinnett County, Georgia.
We are just days away from the 18th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival running October 10-16, 2019 throughout Gwinnett County and Atlanta, Georgia. With free and fee events, there is something for the entire family.
The 18th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival is proud to announce the 2019 official selections. We are honored to have exceptional content creators from around the world competing for awards and representing the United States, Germany, Canada, Italy, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Kenya, Western Cape South Africa, Mexico, Russia Federation, France and Spain.
Checkout the full list of UMFF 2019 official selections.
Actors, content creators, filmmakers and writers are coming to metro-Atlanta October 10-16, 2019 for the 18th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival. UMFF 2019 brings together creatives from Georgia, across the country and around the world to Gwinnett County, Georgia for films and scripts competition, panels, workshops, an AfroFuturism day, networking and awards.
Register today for UMFF 2019 – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/73525267053 and we’ll see you in October.
We are so excited to have a powerful group of writers competing in the 17th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival. Our categories this year are:
- Feature Film Script
- Short Film Script
- Spec/Television Script
- Feature Film Scripts – Student
- Short Film Script – Student
- Spec/Television Script – Student
Congratulations to all UMFF 2018 writers!
Feature Film Script
- Blue Cadillac. White Girl. directed by Lamarr Gray – Aurora, Colorado USA
- Deadline written by Serge Adam – France
- Diversity written by Desmond Duncker – New York, NY
- Freedom Run written by Devvin Jamar Mattison – Denton, TX
- Mi Negra written by Luis E Diaz – New York, NY USA
- Mr. Nice Guy written by Devvin J. Mattison – USA
- Nyobaywa written by 42 Tribes – USA
- Why Can’t I Keep A Man written by Tykisha Jones – Atlanta, GA USA
Short Film Script
- Always a Part of You written by Alex Costello – Los Angeles, CA USA
- Black Love written by Victoria Renee – Atlanta, GA USA
- First There’s Lightning written by Davante Sanders – Los Angeles, CA USA
- Lawful Injustice written by Kevin L. Cole, Jr. – USA
- Mizan written by Kimberly Smith – Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA
- My Black Friend written by James M. Martin – Denton, TX USA
- Reparations written by Renee M. Jones – Atlanta, GA USA
- The Light Dares To Desert Me written by Eriah S. Howard – Palmdale, CA USA
- Witch Way Love written by James M Martin – Denton, TX USA
- Atlanta – “Black Is Black” written by Desmond Duncker – New York, NY
- Black Mirror – Can You Hear the Music? directed by Jerico Magallanes – San Antonio, TX USA
- Felicity Finds Love: Chronicles Of A Reluctant Cougar written by Leasharn M. Hopkins – Blythewood, SC USA
- Fury of a Woman Scorned written by Eriah S Howard – Palmdale, CA USA
- Greater Ebenezer on High written by Donna D. Davis – Kissimmee, FL USA
- I’ll Never Let You Go written by Leonard Anderson Jr – Philadelphia, PA USA
- Set You Free written by Kristy Thomas – North Hollywood, CA USA
- The Movement written by Marcelle A. Davis – USA
- Where’d You Go written by Dennis Ross IV – Minneapolis, MN
Film Scripts – Student
- Flicker written by Chris Blount – Short Film Script – Atlanta, GA USA
- Aria written by Michael J. Lando – Feature Film Script – Chicago, USA
- The Cathedral written by Annie Pace – Spec/Television Script – Burbank, CA USA